Answered By: Corporate Communications
Last Updated: Feb 18, 2016     Views: 128

Yes. Curtin participates in a Statutory Licence Part VA with Screenrights. Part VA permits staff to copy or communicate radio or television broadcasts recorded off-air for educational purposes. This includes films or documentaries aired on television, TV programs and podcasts of off-air broadcasts.  The Part VA licence covers programs obtained from fee-to-air channels or Foxtel (but not pay per view programs).

You can use all or part of a broadcast and edit it as you see fit. You can screen the recording during a live lecture, incorporate it into an iLecture, or load it into Blackboard. If you provide access to the recording online through Blackboard it needs to be accompanied by the Part VA electronic warning notice.

The Part VA licence does not cover video on demand services such as Stan, Netflix or Presto.The Part VA licence applies to broadcast programs only, not commercial videos.

The Library provides access to off-air news and current affairs programs through TV News.

Curtin University Library.

Contact Us

Robertson Library +61 8 9266 7166

WA School of Mines Kalgoorlie Library +61 8 9088 6630

John Curtin Prime Ministerial Library +61 8 9266 4205