Answered By: Learning Services
Last Updated: Feb 18, 2016     Views: 242

A practitioner journal is sometimes called a trade journal.  It is published for and by the people who are practicing in a discipline, often for the members of a guild, association or union.  The articles will have a more hands-on approach to the discipline.

A scholarly journal is often edited by a panel of experts in the field.  The articles in the journal deal with research in the field, often written by academics, and add to the body of knowledge in the discipline.

This video tells you what scholarly journals are.


Related Topics

Contact Us

Robertson Library +61 8 9266 7166

WA School of Mines Kalgoorlie Library +61 8 9088 6630

John Curtin Prime Ministerial Library +61 8 9266 4205