Answered By: Curtin Library
Last Updated: Dec 06, 2018     Views: 184

There are a number of circumstances where it is necessary to seek permission to use copyright material from the copyright holder.

Increasingly commercial publishers direct requests for copyright permission to Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink Permission service. For further information on obtaining permission via Rightslink visit What is RightsLink?.

Copyright at Curtin also provides sample permission letters for:

  • HDR students wishing to reproduce copyright material in their thesis
  • Academics wishing to reproduce copyright material in publications
  • Curtin Teaching staff wishing to reproduce the following copyright material in teaching resources
    • guest lecturer material
    • student work
    • publisher supplementary materials

For further information on clearing copyright permissions visit Copyright at Curtin or contact the University Copyright Team.

Related Topics

Contact Us

Robertson Library +61 8 9266 7166

WA School of Mines Kalgoorlie Library +61 8 9088 6630

John Curtin Prime Ministerial Library +61 8 9266 4205