Answered By: Corporate Communications Last Updated: Feb 29, 2016 Views: 7716
EndNote X7 has been designed to be compatible with Office 2013.
Previous versions of EndNote were developed before the release of Word 2013. Versions designed to be compatible with Office and Word 2010 (EndNote X4, X5 and X6) appear to work with Word 2013 with one exception. Figures and tables are not working with Word 2013. If you need to use EndNote to work with your figures and tables, we recommend using an earlier version of Word. Note that a Windows RT computer can run Office 2013, but it cannot run EndNote.
You may need to manually install the tools into Word 2013 if an older version of Office was not installed first. Use the following steps to get the tools loaded:
1. Open Word 2013.
2. Go to the File Menu and choose "Options."
3. Select "Add-Ins" from the list at the left.
4. At the bottom of the Add-Ins page, there is a "Manage:" dropdown list. Leave this on "COM Add-ins" and select Go.
5. On the COM Add-Ins page, Choose the "Add..." button.
6. Browse to the following location and select the "EndNote CWYW.dll" file.
For EndNote X6:C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ResearchSoft\Cwyw\16
If you do not have a "Program Files (x86)" folder, look in "Program Files" for the Common Files folder.
Note: If you have common files installed in a different location, you would need to find this CWYW folder in that other location.
7. Once you have Selected the "EndNote CWYW.dll" file, choose OK and OK again to close the COM Add-Ins screen. The EndNote tools should now be in Word.
For more information on EndNote X7 see the EndNote LibGuide.
Curtin University Library