Answered By: Joanne Comerford Last Updated: Feb 18, 2016 Views: 84
No, you do not have to log in to use the catalogue, however, logging in gives you access to more functions. It enables you to:
- Request items that are on loan or held at another Curtin library
- Place document delivery requests (if you are eligible for this service)
- Store search queries and records of library items in your e-Shelf
- Set up alerts for your search queries
- Access online journal articles
- Access your Borrower Information
- Tag and review items.
Some search results in the catalogue are restricted to authorised users. If you are on campus, the library catalogue recognises that you are coming from an authorised Curtin IP address. If you are off campus you are not authorised until you have logged in. So for maximum results, best to log in.
You can find more details about these in the "Using the library catalogue" LibGuide.
Curtin University Library